Sunday, May 4, 2014

SUPSKIN drysuit arrived, almost ready to go

This week my SUPSKIN, drysuit arrived. This Expedition Suit is reenforced on the knees and back and a new easy zipper over the front.
Amazing piece of clothing. Super light and breathing. This suit will keep me dry and comfortable on the crossing. I will be wearing the suit mostly at night. Together with some comfortable clothing from Patagonia underneath I will have some good sleeps at sea. Apart from the half an hourly watches, waves and swell off course.  Big thank you to Wolfgang and Brigitte at SUPSKIN for world's best drysuit.
It was harder to get the board to Tahiti than I expected. Now Starboard will ship the board to Honolulu from where I will hand carry the board to Tahiti. In Tahiti I will take a few days to organize and test a few things. Then when the weather looks good I will start on the 3-4 day crossing.
I will leave for Tahiti on May 10. More updates to follow this week.
Next update, "What gear and equipment I take on board on a crossing "

No comments:

Post a Comment