Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Text message from Bart

I am so happy when I get a message, a text or a satellite phone call from Bart. Even if he is not crossing now he is paddling in a very remote place, the weather conditions are tough, the paddling is hard physical work with all his gear on board. The wind direction changed. He is fighting head winds now. Progress in getting south slowed down a lot. He is paddling now between all the little islands, staying close to shore to be more protected from the changing wind conditions.

His text message: "I won't paddle all the way to Sisimuit. It's not possible with all the changes in the wind direction. I will stay here in this area, camp onshore to get at least a little bit of sleep, and try to cover up that I stay warm during the night. I will explore the area south of Aasiaat."

No comments:

Post a Comment